New RF Signal Source from Rigol
Rigol Technologies have released their first RF Signal Source with a maximum output frequency up to 6 GHz. The new DSG3000 series offers standard AM/FM/ØM analog modulation, as well as options for I/Q modulation and I/Q baseband output.
The DSG3000 Series RF source is the ideal choice for those dealing with applications in wireless communication, radar test and audio/video broadcasting to name but a few.
Two models are available - the 3 GHz DSG3030 and the 6 GHz DSG3060. The basic specifications for the series are as follows:
- Amplitude accuracy: <0.5dB (typical)
- Output amplitude range: -130 dBm to +13 dBm (+25dBm ALC off)
- High signal purity, phase noise: <-110dBc/Hz@20kHz (typical)
- Standard 0.5ppm internal clock
- Standard AM/FM/ΦM analog
- Standard pulse modulation; on/off ratio up to 80dB
- All modulations support internal and external modulation
- Standard 2U height design to save rack space; rack mount kit is available
- Standard USB/LAN/GPIB remote control interfaces; support SCPI command set
- Wear-free electronic attenuator design
Four options are available to extend the functional range:
- Option OCXO-A08: The high stable Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator option enhances the temperature stability of the reference frequency from 0.5 ppm to 5ppb.
- Option PMC-DSG3000: Power Meter Controller. With this option you can control USB Power Meters from different manufactures (Agilent/R&S/etc.). This is used as an automatic flatness calibration function (cables, attenuators, amplifiers and so on) for test systems.
- Option PUG-DSG3000: Enables the DSG3000 to act as a Pulse Train Generator
- Option IQ-DSG3000: Enables digital modulation generation. With this option you can internally generate IQ Signals and output this as RF IQ-signals or as baseband I and Q Signals. External I and Q signals can be inputted and modulated to RF up to 6 GHz as well.
Competitive pricing, excellent performance and flexibility make the new DSG3000 series a great alternative to all other sources in the RF market.