Searching for used test equipment? Let us do the hard work for you
There are many different reasons why our customers choose to buy pre-owned test equipment. The most obvious one is of course financial, as most used instruments sell for a fraction of the cost of their brand-new counterparts.
Other reasons include familiarity with a particular instrument – if it works and does a great job, then why change to the latest model if its precursor still suits your requirements?
Or perhaps you’re undecided on which model or manufacturer to choose from. Buying used gives you the flexibility to dip your toe in the water without making a big financial commitment to invest in new instruments.
Finding your “Goldilocks” (just right) instrument can seem daunting though with a plethora of global used equipment sellers and outlets to negotiate. Wouldn’t it just be easier if you could get someone to do the searching for you?
This is where we can help. Whether you’re a hobbyist or a large multinational, MCS Test offer a bespoke equipment sourcing service which gives you access to our world-wide network of trusted and reliable industry contacts.
How it works
- Give us a call or drop us an email with details of what you’re looking for
- We’ll enter the details into our equipment sourcing system
- Emails are sent out from the system on a daily basis to our network of contacts – the “want list”
- We also cross reference your requirements against any information received from our contacts on their “sell list”
- If we get any suitable matches we’ll let you know and handle any negotiations with suppliers on your behalf
- If you decide to buy we will arrange for your equipment to be delivered to MCS where it will receive a full visual inspection and electrical check in our on-site calibration lab. Tailored warranties and calibration certificates for certain equipment can also be arranged if required. Please see our calibration website for details of the equipment we can calibrate.
- Your contract to buy the equipment is with MCS Test and not the supplier, so all aftersales customer service, technical queries, calibration and warranty issues are dealt with through us directly.
So what’s the catch?
We will take a percentage of the sale, but in real terms you’re highly unlikely to end up paying any more than if you sourced your equipment directly. We have many years’ experience in the used equipment marketplace and have the expertise to negotiate the most competitive price for you.
Top tips for getting the best used equipment
If you’re prepared to sit back and wait, you’re more likely to find your perfect equipment match. If you know you’ll have a requirement for a particular instrument sometime in the future then contact us now. There isn’t a limit for how long your request can be included on the “want list” – some of our customers contact us six months to a year before they need their equipment.
Although you may have a particular manufacturer and model in mind, being flexible on this can yield better results. If you’re not sure what the alternatives are, give us a call and we can advise you.