VIAVI Solutions announced software release version 2.4.4 for the 3550 Series Touch-screen Radio Test System and the 8800 Series Digital Radio Test Set. This release provides a new feature, and a number of improvements and fixes for both units. The full list of updates is listed in the Release Notes located at https://www.viavisolutions.com... and https://www.viavisolutions.com/en-us/software-download/8800-series-software. The new firmware contains the following items:
- The 3550 Series and the 8800 Series now supports the VIAVI Instrument Programming Tool (VIP Tool™), which allows users to easily create custom test scripts and other applications. The option number for the VIP Tool is Option 847. Visit https://viavisolutions.com/vip... to learn more.
- The TETRA BS test system is now compatible with Airbus base stations.
- Generator and Receiver level offset range has been increased to accommodate the use of 60 dB attenuators.
- Network socket reliability has been improved, eliminating the need for the units to be rebooted if the Ethernet connection is interrupted.
- Added support for faster data acquisition with future NEON® Signal Mapper updates.
- The Frequency List Index no longer reverts to 0 when RF Generator Level is changed.
- In the Wide Analyzer, Auto is now selectable in the AGC menu (8800 Series) / Reference Level menu (3550 Series). Previously Auto was unavailable without disabling and enabling the Analyzer.
- Fixed an issue with Generator Level being higher than indicated if 0.1 dB Step was enabled immediately after the RF Generator is enabled.