VIAVI Optimeter Optical Fibre Meter
20 hours of operation, up to 10,000 test results
The Optimeter provides everything a new fiber tech needs in one simple and fast solution. In just 1 minute, with a single fiber connection, and 1 key press, any tech can completely validate and certify a link to ensure smooth service installation and activation.
VIAVI Optimeter Optical Fibre Meter Product Description
With the boom in demand for fibre infrastructure service providers and contractors are under significant pressure to deploy fibre quickly and cost-effectively, while ensuring high quality, reliable installations. The Optimeter provides everything a new fibre tech needs in one simple and fast solution. In just 1 minute, with a single fibre connection, and 1 key press, any tech can completely validate and certify a link to ensure smooth service installation and activation.
- Ramp-up new fibre techs faster
- Deliver repeatable test procedure for improved first time install success rate
- Reduce ‘repair tech’ hand offs, blind fault finding and unnecessary fibre or equipment replacements
- Reduce activation delays and guarantee time to revenue
- Streamline job allocation, workflow and reporting, removing manual processes
- Track project/deployment progress in real time with KPI dashboards
- Simple user interface requires no settings and no training
- One-button press, one-screen result tests, all run under 1 minute
- Auto saved results with on-board report generation (.pdf) tied to work order
- USB connectivity supporting P5000i inspection probe
- WiFi connectivity supporting VIAVI Mobile Tech App & FiberChek inspection probe
- Compatible with VIAVI Mobile Tech App for cloud storage
- 20 hours of operation
Smart and Powerful
- Optimeter takes less than one minute to provide power, length, loss and return loss (ORL) at the push of a button.
- The fault-finding test feature gives the tech a simple but powerful troubleshooting to diagnose any fibre issue immediately while still on-site and determine ownership of the repair.
Easy as 1-2-3
- No special training is needed to understand how to operate the Optimeter—new fibre techs are ready to test from day one!
- Optimeter offers minimal settings and one-touch operation.
- All test results are presented on a single screen— no need to navigate between different screens and menus!
Designed with the user in mind
- The Optimeter comes with a “glove” case as standard for increased portability and to protect it from scratches and damage while keeping essential accessories (cleaner, launch cable, inspection scope, etc.) organized, accessible, and secure when a tech is
on the go.
- An innovative launch cable that can remain connected to the Optimeter at all times reduces the risk of damaging the test connector. The Optimeter also systematically checks the condition of its test port and test lead to prevent any bad measurements or inaccurate results. Test Rapidly. Share Results Instantly
- Test results are captured and saved automatically on test completion in a single test report organized by job number.
- With the VIAVI Mobile Tech App, the Optimeter test reports can be wirelessly transferred to a smartphone or tablet and further enhanced with geolocation data, then automatically uploaded direct to VIAVI StrataSync Test Process Automation suite for KPI dashboarding and reporting.
VIAVI Optimeter Optical Fibre Meter Specifications
|Model||Battery autonomy||Power supply||Interfaces||Storage capacity||Operating temperature||Storage temperature||Humidity|
|VIAVI Optimeter||Up to 20 hours of operation||Input: 100-250 V; 50/60 Hz; 2.5 A max, output 12 V; 25 W||2 x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x mini-USB 2.0 port, Built in WiFi||Up to 10, 000 test results||-20° to +50°C (-4° to 122°F)||-20° to +60°C (-4° to 140°F)||95% (non-condensing)|