100 kHz - 12 GHz
20 to +15 dBm
100 kHz - 20 GHz
20 to +15 dBm
100 kHz - 26.5 GHz
20 to +15 dBm
AnaPico APSIN Microwave Signal Generators Series Product Description
Very compact, portable analogue signal generator models with a range from 9 kHz (with option 9K) up to 12, 20.5 or 26 GHz.
The APSINXXG is a series of low-noise and fast-switching microwave signal generators covering a continuous frequency ranges from as low as 100 kHz up to 12, 20, and 26 GHz, respectively, with a 0.001 Hz resolution.
The APSINXXG provide an accurately levelled output power range and high spurious suppression. Advanced frequency synthesis with fractional-N divider makes for low SSB phase noise and micro-Hz resolution.
- Option HP delivers higher maximum output power to a level up to +27 dBm.
- Option PE3 is an optional power level extension to accurately level below -90 dBm.
- Option FS substantially enhances the switching speed
- Option NM removes all built-in modulation capabilities if not needed (APSIN20G, APSIN26G only)
- Option B3 adds an internal rechargeable battery module
- Option 9K low frequency extension down to 9 kHz
- Option 1URM modifies form-factor to a 19'' rack-mountable 1HU enclosure
- Option TP touch-display control • Option LH Desktop housing with color touch display
The standard APSINXXG includes amplitude modulation (AM), DC-coupled, low distortion wideband frequency modulation (FM), PM, FSK and PSK, frequency chirp, and fast pulse modulation with internal pulse train generator. Three internal modulations sources are available. All modulation modes of the APSINXXG can be combined. This allows the generation of complex modulation signals for modern communication and location systems. The combination of pulse modulation and FM simulates Doppler effects or chirp signals. Simultaneous AM and pulse modulation provide the types of signal occurring in pulse radar applications with rotating antenna. The combination of FM and AM can be used to check fading effects of FM receivers.
All APSINXXG allow fast analog and digital sweeps including flexible list sweeps, where frequency, power and dwell times can be set individually. A flexible triggering capability simplifies synchronization within test environments.
All APSINXXG operate with an ultra-stable temperature compensated 100 MHz reference (OCXO) to ensure minimal drift, and can be phase-locked to any stable external reference in a range from 1 to 250 MHz. Additionally, optimum phase synchronous signals can be achieved by bypassing internal and feeding a 100 MHz signal directly as reference.
The APSINXXG support various standard interfaces such as USB-TMC, LAN, and GPIB.
Applications for the APSINXXG include:
- R&D low noise microwave source
- Production testing (industry-leading switching times; high dynamic range)
- Service and maintenance (battery operation)
- Signal simulation (Radar, WiMax, UWB)
- Aerospace & Defence (Pulse modulator, Chirps)