Tektronix TekDrive Software
Collaborate easily by transferring, storing, organising, managing, and sharing data and files.
TekDrive is natively integrated on many oscilloscope models (including 4/5/6 Series MSO) for seamless sharing and recalling of files – no USB stick required. Analyse and explore standard files, like *.wfm, *.isf, *.tss, and *.csv, directly in a browser with a smooth interactive waveform explorer. Built as a service first, TekDrive was designed with scripting, API integrations, automation capabilities, and security from the start.
Tektronix TekDrive Software Product Description
Using TekDrive, a collaborative T&M data workspace, users can upload, store, organize, search, download, and share arbitrary files from any connected device. TekDrive is natively integrated on many oscilloscope models (including 4/5/6 Series MSO) for seamless sharing and recalling of files – no USB stick required. Analyse and explore standard files, like *.wfm, *.isf, *.tss, and *.csv, directly in a browser with a smooth interactive waveform explorer. Built as a service first, TekDrive was designed with scripting, API integrations, automation capabilities, and security from the start.
- Secure anywhere-access to team’s Data: Securely store, share, and collaborate on T&M data. Upload, download, delete, rename, and move files on any connected device. There are no restrictions on file types, and there is built-in support for certain waveform, session, data, and image files. Organize files in folders and manage access. Search and sort with file contents and metadata.
- Inspect, analyze, and report on any device: Standard file types generated by Tektronix Oscilloscopes (*.tss, *.wfm, *.isf, *.csv) can be opened and inspected directly in the TekDrive interface with no loss of data integrity. We leverage web technologies to offer buttery smooth interactive waveform plots with zoom, pan, and signal selection. The visualizations have built-in measurement tools like cursors. In addition, you can write formulas against your data to make custom calculations and comparison like averaging, math, statistics, and formatting.
- Save and recall directly on an oscillocope: TekDrive can be mounted natively on 4/5/6 Series oscilloscopes. Using “Mount” from the File Utilities dialog, you can securely create a drive on the oscilloscope that automatically syncs with your TekDrive. This means you can save data and recall sessions directly from TekDrive using all the same features you expect from a local drive. If you are still using insecure USB sticks to “sneakerNet” data around your organization, you will find the native oscilloscope integration saves time and is ultimately more secure. If your oscilloscopes are shared resources, you will find that pairing with one oscilloscope today and another tomorrow makes it feel like every oscilloscope you approach is already personalized with your data.
- Easy and secure TekDrive mount system: Mounting a TekDrive on a oscilloscope is a quick operation designed specifically for oscilloscopes. It uses a short-code methodology you may have seen in consumer devices and smartTVs. You never need to type or store your user credentials on the oscilloscope, and don’t worry about fumbling with an on-screen keyboard for entry. In addition, you can set rules to unmount your TekDrive pairing automatically. This can be set to when IP Address changes, on power-cycle, or after some amount of time. Of course, you can also set to indefinite expiration to unmount manually whenever you like – either on the oscilloscope or remotely.
- Seamless collaboration with unlimited contributors: Any file or folder in TekDrive has per-user granular access control such that you can share with any arbitrary group of other TekDrive users. Using a tier that allows sharing, you may have unlimited contributors collaborating with shared data.
- Splice into any workflow: TekDrive is designed to be accessible and developer-friendly for integration, scripting, and automation. Refer to the well-documented REST API (http://docs.drive.tekcloud.com) to send and receive data from/to any connected device or software application. SDKs and examples are provided in popular programming environments like LabVIEW, Python, MATLAB, and other common languages.
- TekDrive developer program: Contact Tektronix at firstname.lastname@example.org about the TekDrive developer program to include and sell TekDrive with your devices, software, and business. Integrating TekDrive into your products may provide the competitive differentiation you need to quickly bring your unique expertise and offerings into the modern data-connected world.